Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Donald Wells- Sex Poems For Virgins, reviewed by Jacqueline Howett

Click book
 Free for Kindle prime members.
.

Donald Wells, captures so bravely the human quest-for the meaning of life.


Donald Wells', whimsical tone in these varied works titled; `Sex Poems For Virgins' (A compilation of unique poetry,) was a refreshing read that kept me hooked. I felt like a spectator on a soul journey throughout the different stages of a man's life.

I enjoyed his unique style. He questions existence with such raw emotion in the simple pleasures of life from adolescence and beyond. It's not all light-hearted and whimsical as you read toward the end segments of the book. His writings change some-what and become more metaphysical in style. The latter years of growth bring a deeper search of the self, with how people change on the subject of sex, love, life, death, having, loosing, confusion; as well as all the natural ailments that can happen to a man in a course of a life. However, it left me feeling encouraged all the same by the essence of love. This is a man who bares a beautiful soul- I felt I could relate with.

Also, the segments on marriage are to be envied. I felt I had come to know the author better in the way he'd managed to capture so bravely the human quest for the meaning of life. There are many passages and segments in this book I feel I will want to keep close, re-read and reflect upon. I look forward to reading more from this author and highly recommend this read. Don't let the title fool you. By the end of the read you might understand why he chose it.

To buy: AMAZON


Donald Wells has written many novels, shorts and poems. Recently he has been writing another series to 'The Ocean Beach Island Series.'


Book Description:
SEX POEMS FOR VIRGINS is a collection of poems written by Donald Wells in rhyme. They are sometimes humorous, often unique and frequently thought provoking.



3 comments:

  1. Hello Jacqueline,

    I stopped by your blog to see what was new with you and saw my name staring back at me. Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your fantastic review of my book on your blog. I recently released a second book of poetry - As A Soul, Molested
    Also Jacqueline, I'm looking forward to reading your new book CASS when it gets published.

    Many thanks,
    Donald Wells

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. The title is a little scary ... :) but a great review by you! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great review. Thanks, Jacqueline.

    ReplyDelete